Hartzell House Bed & Breakfast welcomes all guests regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, marital status, religion, or ethnic origin. We encourage our guests to be comfortable and be themselves here. There will be no effort to impose any of our political, personal, or social convictions on our guests at any time, nor any effort to create an environment where guests’ personal convictions may feel unwelcome. We honor and are grateful for all those we are fortunate enough to host and ask that all of our guests show courtesy and respect to each other. If you take exception to any of our policies, we can recommend other area accommodations for you.
We love children, and are grandparents ourselves, but the Hartzell House Bed & Breakfast has been created as an adult-centered accommodation. Thus we restrict the booking of guests under the age of 12. If you are looking to book a guest under the age of 12, please contact us for available options.
PLEASE review our Covid-19 Policies and Procedures prior to making a reservation.
Terms & Conditions
- Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Hartzell House Bed & Breakfast property is reserved for guests only; no unregistered visitors are allowed without specific, written approval.
- A Non-Refundable Deposit of $100 is required to guarantee a reservation (credited towards your stay)
- Cancellations must be received at least 7 days in advance of your reserved date in order for a return of your deposit. If cancellation is received less than 7 days before your reserved date, the return of your deposit will be contingent upon our ability to re-book the room. All cancellations are subject to a $35.00 per room service fee.
- If your reservation is made through a third party booking service, the cancellation policy which is stated online through that third party supersedes the Hartzell House Bed & Breakfast policy and will be enforced according to those terms.
- No shows and cancellations made less than 24 hours of your arrival date will be charged the entire reservation amount. As soon as you have checked in, you are responsible for paying for the entire stay. If you decide to check out early, no refund, in full or part, will be given.
- We fully understand emergencies and bereavements, and if you encounter one, please call us and we will arrange to hold your deposit for a later date with no penalties.
- If reserving three or more rooms, a 50% deposit is required and cancellations must be received at least 30 days in advance of reserved date for return of deposit, less a $35.00 per room cancellation fee. If cancellation is received within 30 days of your reserved date, return of your deposit will be contingent upon our ability to re-book the rooms. We require one source of payment for both the deposit and the final balance. Each room in the reservation may not have a separate billing and payment source.
- Whole house bookings require a $1500, refundable security/damage deposit, and a signed rental agreement.
- Check-in is between 4 PM and 9 PM. Later check-in may occasionally be available at a surcharge of $25 per hour, or portion thereof, for any time beyond 9 PM until midnight, after which time we do not accept check-ins and that day’s reservation is forfeit.
- Check-out is by 11:00 AM. Extended hours may be accommodated only if pre-arranged and agreed upon in writing. If this does not work for you, we understand and would love to offer you some other quality options to Hartzell House Bed & Breakfast.
- All room rates are subject to state and local taxes.
- Hartzell House does not accept Gift Certificates originating from an outside source.
- Due to health, safety, and fire regulations, room occupancy limits may not be exceeded.
- Pets cannot be accommodated anywhere on Hartzell House Bed & Breakfast property, although service animals are welcome in conjunction with accommodations in the Patriot’s Suite. Pets are not allowed to be kept in cars on our property (We can’t believe we actually need to say this!)
- Hartzell House Bed & Breakfast is a smoke-free establishment; no smoking in the building or at any place on the property with the exception of the bench at the back of the West parking lot. Evidence of smoking in the house or room may result in a $250 cleaning fee.
- Kindly notify us immediately if there is any potential change in your booking.